Turkish Embassy in Bangkok

Embassy

The Embassy was opened in 1958. The first Ambassador Mr. Necdet Kent assumed his post on 29 December 1958 and presented his credentials on 15 January 1959.

 

The Embassy compound, which is Turkish State property, consists of Chancery, Residence and staff apartments. The compound was acquired through swap in 1992.

 

Prior to that, the Embassy provided services from rented offices at the following different locations:

 

-From 1958 to 1966 at 31 Soi Chidlom, Ploenchit Road,

 

-From 1966 to 1978 at 352, Paholyothin Road,

 

-From 1978 to 1993 at 153/2 Soi Mahadlek Luang 1, Rajdamri Road.

 

The previous Ambassadors were:

 

-H.E. Mr. Necdet Kent (1958-1960)

-H.E. Mr. Hasan İstinyeli (1962-1967)

-H.E. Mr. Hayri Anlı (1967-1970)

-H.E. Mr. Turgut İlkan (1970-1976)

-H.E. Mr. Erol Cilasun (1976-1981)

-H.E. Mr. Reha Aaytaman (1981-1987)

-H.E. Mr. Erdinç Karasapan ( 1987-1992)

-H.E. Mr. İrfan Saruhan (1992-1996)

-H.E. Mr. Yalçın Tuğ (1996-1999)

-H.E. Mr. Önder Alaybeyi (1999-2002)

-H.E. Mr. Mümin Alanat (2002-2007)

-H.E. Mr. Çınar Aldemir (2007-2010)

-H.E. Mr. Oğuz Çelikkol (2010-2013)

-H.E. Mr. Osman Bülent Tulun (2013-2016)

-H.E. Mrs. Evren Dağdelen Akgün (2017- Still in service)